Artwork by Max Beech Creative
Stranger Things season 2 is finally dropping to Netflix on October 27.
With season 1 being released back in July of 2016, and the second season being announced in August of that year, fans have had a while to speculate. This is a widely popular series and the anticipation for season 2 has been sky high.
So, what do we know about Stranger Things season 2 so far?
If you haven’t already watched it, stop what you’re doing and hit that play button.
The Stranger Things season 2 trailer promises a spookier season that’s likely to be action packed from start to finish. The quality of production for season 1 was pretty impeccable, but due to the gravity of the show’s success, this year it looks even better.
Eleven is Back!
Of course they weren’t going to end her story in the first season. When she’ll first appear in the series is still up for debate, but based on the new trailer, it looks like she’s still going to play a major role.
When when will we see her reunite with the boys? How will she use her powers? How does she even return to Hawkins? All will be revealed on the 27th!
“When terrifying supernatural forces once again begin to affect Hawkins, they realize Will’s disappearance was only the beginning. And so the adventure continues…”
Set in 1984, a year after the first series, Stranger Things season 2 is going to begin with a desire to restore normality. Now that Will Byers has returned from the Upside Down, he, his family and friends are all going to want to get back to how things once were.
But, that’s easier said than done.
The cast and creators have said multiple times that it’s going to be much darker and much more terrifying. Here are a few things we know:
- A new character, Max (Sadie Sink) has been introduced. She’s a tomboy who will become friends with the boys and join their group. We will also meet her brother Billy, who’s the rebel of the town who’s likely to cause a lot of trouble.
- Will keeps getting visions from the Upside Down, but are they more than a vision? Or is it part of his PTSD?
- Joyce Byers has a new boyfriend, played by Sean Astin.
- We will learn more about what happened to Hopper’s daughter.
- Hopper will also face struggles surrounding what he should keep secret, and what he should reveal to the town.
- The series will venture outside of Hawkins.
- More of the Upside Down will be explored.
- Nancy and Mike will be grieving for Barb (who is definitely dead) and Eleven (who isn’t).
- We’ll be seeing more of Nancy, Steve and Jonathan.
- Eleven’s character and backstory will be explored.
— Stranger Things (@Stranger_Things) 9 October 2017
Season 2 of Stranger Things is going to have 9 episodes, which is 1 more than the first season. Back in 2016, some episode titles were released which were: “Madmax,” “The Boy Who Came Back To Life,” “The Pumpkin Patch,” “The Palace,” “The Storm,” “The Pollywog,” “The Secret Cabin,” “The Brain,” and “The Lost Brother.” But, that was then and this is now and a few things have changed!
The official titles of the new 9 episodes are as follows:
- Trick or Treat Freak
- The Pollywog
- Will the Wise
- Dig Dug
- The Spy
- 8. 9. – N/A
So, the titles of the first 6 episodes have been revealed, but the final 3 are being kept a secret for now.
It sounds like the first episode is going to be a re-introduction to the story, and heavily focused on the new character Max. The second is likely to be Halloween orientated, whilst “The Pollywog” refers to a creature that Dustin befriends. The fourth episode is obviously going to be centred around Will, or something he perhaps figures out, and “Dig Dug” refers to a popular 80s arcade game. The Spy is another one for fans to theorise about, and it looks like they’re keeping the final 3 a secret so that fans don’t guess too much!
If you want to get even more excited for Stranger Things season 2, just listen to the new soundtrack. Music plays a big part in every series and the sound of Stranger Things is like no other. It’s going to be a chilling series, and these songs are there to support that.
New clip from Stranger Things season 2! pic.twitter.com/wLzaqXz23p
— Stranger Things (@ST_Posts) 20 October 2017
What Have the Cast and Creators Revealed?
If you want to read some interviews with the cast and creators for some extra scoop, here’s a few resources:
There will be More Stranger Things
Thankfully, the Duffer brothers have confirmed that Stranger Things will get a season 3. There is a strong possibility of a season 4, but it’s yet to be confirmed.
We don’t have much longer to wait now until Stranger Things season 2 drops. What are your fan theories? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Leave your thoughts below!
Stranger Things Merch
- stranger things tv Unisex T-Shirt
- Price: $21.13
- Boys of Stranger Things Unisex T-Shirt
- Price: $19.50
- stranger things iPhone 7 Snap Case
- Price: $28.12
- Stranger Things Sticker
- Price: $2.75
- Stranger Things Poster
- Price: $12.50
- Stranger Things Christmas (Dustin) Unisex T-Shirt
- Price: $20.15
- Stranger Things - Eleven iPhone 7 Snap Case
- Price: $23.95